? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Season of Love Has Arrived!

The birds are singing, the sun is shining... and the weddings are a-happenin'! This year, my husband, daughter and I were invited to my husband's cousin's wedding in Kelowna B.C. His whole family was there, and it turned out to be quite a wonderful event. A few weeks before his cousin's bridal shower, my mother-in-law asked if I would be willing to make some Thank You cards for the bride as a shower gift. Well, of course!!! I'd been eyeing a couple of cards in the Stampin' Success magazine (sent to all Stampin' Up demonstrators) and thought I'd like to try to make something similar. The cards in the magazine used the Simply Scrappin' kit "Tie the Knot", and since I was making 50 cards, I didn't want to buy a tonne of those kits for just a couple pieces. So, I improvised, using different stamp sets for my images, instead of the die-cuts from the kit. My intention was to make a few of each of these 3 designs, totalling 50 cards. Well, after making the Certainly Celery "Congratulations" card (which I would have put "Thank You" instead), I realized how much work it would be to cut out all of those flowers! So, I opted to use this card as the one I'd give to congratulate the bride.













Then I tried the Chocolate Chip card. I figured this card would take me no more than a few minutes to whip up, but I was wrong (again!). First I started with a background stamp (Canvas), then I punched my circles. I stamped a bunch of branch images from "Embrace Life" stamp set, and colored all the leaves, then punched out circles from those. Then I stamped the hearts, and cut them out. Making one of these wasn't too bad, but to make 50 would have been a little time consuming, so I made 10 of them instead.






























Then as I was playing around, I threw the Very Vanilla card together, and really liked it! It's simple, elegant, and quick to make! So I made 40 of these. I loved using the "Bursting With Joy" stamp set. I'd had it for awhile but had not touched it; once I had, my mind started whizzing with ideas (see my card tomorrow for another example!)! So in the end, I ended up with 40 "simple" cards and 10 more "intricate" cards she could give to special guests. I was pleased with the results and she was very happy when she received them!

0 comments: