? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

April Stamp Club Projects

So, I'm a little behind on posting projects! These cards are from my April Stamp Club. I taught them how to do the Iris Twist, and the Faux Pearl technique. We started with the Faux Pearl, which I think is just a beautiful technique to do. I love the shimmer, and no matter what color you use it with, it still looks fantastic! This card was cased from SCS, from a stamper named WaterPixie (click for her card). We started with glossy white cardstock, and using saran wrap, we dabbed Lumiere, careful to leave a few spaces and not fill the whole piece. Next, after the lumiere was dry (didn't take long - maybe 5 minutes. Just be careful of how much you put on), we brayered Bashful Blue classic ink over top. Then, using black StayzOn, we stamped the tree image (from the Lovely As A Tree set). The background on the Bashful Blue card is stamped with the Canvas background stamp, as well as the leaves (both stamped off so they're not so dark) from the LAAT set. To finish it off, I stamped the Thinking of You saying on Mellow Moss, and added a couple of black brads from the vintage collection.


For our second card, I wanted to show them how to do Iris Twist, but I also wanted to showcase some of our accessories. Many times we have used ribbon and brads, but I wanted my club to see and use other accessories, so I had them thread some Soft Subtles beads and buttons onto either thin white thread or dental floss (their choice). When I did this card, I used linen thread, but because I didn't have a needle whose head was small enough to fit through the beads, I had to hand thread each piece. Using the linen thread, each piece that went on frayed the thread, leaving me with almost half as much as I started with! So, since the ladies also needed to hand thread, I chose some better mediums to work with, and they really liked it! I also gave them a piece of white Magic Mesh to put under the beads and buttons. I loved making this card because I got to use some designer paper, something I'm usually afraid to do. I'm a paper hoarder, and usually can't bear to cut those beautiful 12x12 sheets! This designer paper from the Spring Mini Catalog has such beautiful colors and patterns; I have found it very easy to use in my projects. It has truly helped me come out of my shell when it comes to using those gorgeous papers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are especially nice cards. Love your first card...so pretty. Thanks for the idea from your second card of the beads and buttons strung across magic mesh. I love the look of this!