? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's For Everyone!

On Monday a group of ladies came to my Valentine's Day card class, to make 10 cards each. Before I offered this class, I hadn't really thought that people gave Valentine's cards to very many people. Sure, their most loved ones (spouse, kids, grandparents), kid's classmates, and maybe even the teacher, but I had thought that was about it. Along came a good friend who said she needed to make 25 Valentine's cards, and would I hold a class? Wow! I thought - why would she need 25 cards?? Well, turns out (and she's not the only one) that she's giving them to family, friends, and co-workers too! Not all of them have declarations of love (which I hadn't thought of either!); some have friendship sayings, and others sentiments of appreciation. What a nice thought, to let everyone around you know you care and are thinking of them! So, the class was born, and we had a blast!


Here is the first card we did. I love the color combo in this card! We used Stampin' Up! cardstock in Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink and White. The stamps we used are from the following sets: Little Pieces, Loving Hearts, Canvas Background and Everyday Flexible Phrases. We used Soft Subtles eyelets, and Rose grosgrain ribbon.





The second card we did, I faught with for 2 hours while designing it, until I was finally happy with it! I actually gave the ladies a couple of choices for this one: The "Love You!" stamp could be replaced by the "Be My Valentine" stamp from the "Tags So Much" Hostess set, also using the 2 tag punches instead of the square punches. The paper is Real Red and White, and the stamp sets used were Brushstroke Alphabet and Loving Hearts. We used red wide organdy ribbon, as well as criss-crossed gold cord. Nice and simple!





The third card we did is my favorite. I just love sparkles, and "Simply Said" is one of my favorite stamp sets!

Using Real Red and White cardstock, I stamped the heart and flowers using Real Red ink. Then I pulled the color from the image using a blender pen, to color in some of the flowers. To get the sparkles on, I used a two-way glue pen, then sprinkle on the glitter. The heart is stamped on a separate piece of cardstock, and attached underneath with dimensionals. Add a piece of red gingham ribbon, and - Voila! So simple, but so sweet!



The last card we did was a little "teaser" for the ladies. First we stamped the "Big Blossom" Sell-A-Bration stamp on a piece of cardstock, and cut it out. Then we used a paisley stamp from the "Polka Dots & Paisley" stamp set that is not yet available to customers (get this stamp set from March 1 to June 30th!), and stamped on the flower. The background dots are also from the "teaser" stamp set; the hearts are from the "Love It" Hostess set, and "SO" and "loved" are from the Sell-A-Bration set "So Very". We also used the Crafter's Tool Kit to make the small holes around the "SO" circle.

So, a very fun class, and of course I showed my husband the cards we made, which means I now have to make him a different one! I'll post that one next time... :)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got the Big Blossam SAB stamp and am going to try the kissing just like you did! Thanks for starting this blog; I can't wait to see more of your creativity!
Vanessa G.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri!

Great job on your blog! Keep up the good work!