? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year! - And Some Cards

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday. My brother and sister-in-law came over to spend Christmas day with us, and New Year's Eve was spent with some friends; a very relaxing but fun time. Now that January 1st has come and gone, I am gearing up for all my classes, clubs and other stamping fun coming up this year! I'm starting a new stamp club this January (the 18th), and have 2 spots left! Let me know if you'd like to join (and are in the Edmonton area). I also have 2 Marker Clubs starting this January, and both are full. I'll have so many projects to show you each month from all of these clubs! I have a tonne of fun classes planned as well; including a Valentine's bundle class, a 6x6 bragbook class (create an entire 26 page scrapbook in one day!), a recipe box class, calendar class, etc. etc... I will be a busy year! I am also attending the Stampin' Up Convention in Salt Lake City this July - it's the 20th anniversary, and it is guaranteed to be an AMAZING time! Anyone who signs up to be a demonstrator before Convention is eligible to come; ask me for more details! I also plan to be at Scrapfest again this year; the last 2 years have been great, and I have every reason to think this year will be just as great! What a year this is going to be!















Well, to get on to the cards I've posted... These 2 were from my last Club meeting in November, where members learned the shadow technique. This was such a funny class (at least to me) because while making the cards (the other technique will be posted later) I couldn't for the life of me decide what I wanted to do! For this card, I knew everything about the card except for the layout I wanted, and couldn't for some reason decide between using a brad or a button for the centre of the scallop piece. I just couldn't decide! So, I made sure all the pieces were the same size, showed my club both cards, and let them decide which they liked better and wanted to make. Whew! These cards were made using the Wanted set, and C. Chip, Bordering Blue, R. Rock and V. Vanilla were the card stock colors I used. All you do is stamp your image on the V.Vanilla CS, then again on a piece of acetate; then you place the acetate with the image where you want it to go (this case, under the original horse for a reflection effect) and rub it on! The image will transfer from the acetate onto your CS! Then I just drew a line to look like grass, and sponged and aqua painted the sky and water. Not a difficult technique at all!

I hope you all have a great year ahead with lots of time to do the things that make you most happy!

0 comments: