? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, March 19, 2007

March Stamp Club

I had a TONNE of fun on Friday at our last stamp club! I had 9 ladies here, and since I only have one table that sits 6 downstairs, we had to sit in the kitchen and livingroom upstairs! My husband was LESS than impressed, saying "Great; now your stamps have invaded the Entire house!" Heehee :)

So, here are the cards and techniques we did. No worries ladies (and husband!), I am getting another table for downstairs for next month!

The first card we made was using Pearl Ex. We stamped the card in Versamark, then dusted the Pearl Ex powder on the image with a stipple brush (the ladies could choose whatever color they wanted from the Assortment III box). I gave them a white paper to make an example for their book, and also a black paper to see the difference in how the Pearl Ex looks! The butterfly on this card is from a retired set, I think "Ageless Adornment", so we used the butterfly from our current hostess set "Measure of A Life". It worked really well, and I love how it looks! It's not often I make a card out of black and white, and really enjoyed doing this one.

The second card we made using a brayer and spectrum pad. This card is similar to the one I made for my father-in-law (a few posts down from this one), and was a big hit with the club ladies! It was a pretty easy card to do, even for newer stampers. We used the Pumpkin Patch Spectrum Pad on glossy cardstock, then stamped the trees, birds and bear in Classic Black ink. I used a Stamp-A-Majig to stamp the bear a second time, to make him more solid. To make the "ground", I tore a sheet of paper and laid it over the top of the image, then brayered Classic Black ink over the bottom. Voila! The image is complete! Then I just used a Simplicity Corner Slot punch and inserted the bear image, and tied on a small tag with linen thread, stamped with a word from Everyday Flexible Phrases. I used "brother" because it's a masculine card, and I haven't made one yet for my brother, so - there it is! :)





0 comments: