? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Sad Note

The last couple of weeks have been very busy for me, and I've been grateful for the distractions. My Aunt Madge passed away two weekends ago; she was one of those people that when you think of her, you can only remember good things. All of my memories of her are happy ones; I hope that someone can say that about me one day. She was a wonderful lady; a very fun Aunt who always had a story to tell. I'll never forget her, and will continue to speak of her often, as she has had much impact on my life.

I made a card for her daughter and son (my Aunt is actually my Great-Aunt; I suppose her children are still my cousins, just "great" cousins!), to express how much I loved their mom, and how much we all will miss her. This is what I made:














I actually had a lot of fun making this card, and did something that I NEVER usually do - I actually used my designer paper!!! *Gasp!* I find it VERY hard to bring myself to use those beautiful papers, not because I don't like them, or they don't inspire me, but because they are in limited supply (some of them even retired and no longer available), and I am afraid to make a mistake. What if I cut the paper too small for my project, or maybe I decide after cutting it, that I don't want to use it for that project? Now I've cut the paper, and may have ruined it for another (unknown) project! Yikes!!! Anyway, I've decided to try to break out of my "Phobia", and actually use the stuff. Hopefully you will see a few more examples in the next few weeks of projects using my beautiful, precious paper. :)

After I made the card, I wondered what to write in it. In fact I am still avoiding that task, as I love making the cards, but hate writing in them! I never know what to say, in ANY situation (I even have trouble with birthday cards!). I wonder if there's a class I could take, or better yet, a website I could visit that would help? If anyone knows, please let me in on it! I have imposed a deadline for myself to write in that card by the end of tonight. Wish me luck; I'm sure I will write it out 10+ times before I send it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheri-
You have already written what you should put inside your card in your blog-
"she was one of those people that when you think of her, you can only remember good things. All of my memories of her are happy ones; I hope that someone can say that about me one day. She was a wonderful lady; a very fun Aunt who always had a story to tell. I'll never forget her, and will continue to speak of her often, as she has had much impact on my life."
That would be so perfect! I know that when my Mum passed away, some of the nicest cards Dad got were the ones that shared memories of Mum, some that he didn't even know had happened.
No need for a sloppy poem,write from the heart, through the tears!
All the best,
Karen.

Kristi-Anna said...

I have to agree with Karen, you said it best when you described your relationship with your Aunt :) I"m sure her children will appreciate those words more than any you find at a website! You could sign off saying "we will miss her lots, and pray that you will take comfort and joy in the wonderful memories you have" :)
KA

Kristi-Anna said...

btw, it's a very lovely card :)

Anonymous said...

Belated hugs - I didn't know she had passed away. I know how much she meant to you.

The card is gorgeous - I'm sure your cousins loved it.