? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wow! Card Convention Swap

Here is the card I made for the Wow! Card Swap, with other Splitcoast Stampers members. I had to make 21 of these, and they were NOT quick - let me tell you! I chose to do a shadowbox card (I wonder why? ;) I love these cards, but now that I've made so many of them, I'm thinking I just MAY take a break for awhile!), so I punched out a "window" using the 3/4" square punch. I added "curtains" using Mellow Moss cs; I crimped each one then tied them with Moss gingham ribbon and stuck them to the back of the windows using glue dots. Then I punched out flowers from the Spring Bouquet and Three For You punches, added stems, and stamped the Simply Said flowers stamp with markers. I stamped the "Weathered" background stamp on the Sage Shadow front, and cut out the oval with my Coluzzle (awesome tool!). Then I added my saying, from the new Hugs & Wishes set, distressing the sides and adding some sponging. That's it! Didn't seem so bad when I made the first one; by the time I'd made 21 though, I had some pretty good tendonitis from all that punching!

I did get a lot of great cards back from this swap though, and am glad I joined and made the effort. I can't wait to show my customers all the cards and ideas I got back! I'm hosting an open house this Saturday to sell my retired sets, and show off my great swaps. If you're in Edmonton and are interested in joining us, email me for further details! :)

0 comments: