? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cinderella in Pearls!

My daughter went to a birthday party today for her friend who is turning 2. Her friend is princess Crazy (so is my daughter for that matter!), so I decided to make a card with a princess on it. I was inspired by this card on SCS; I loved the castle, and her watercoloring is beautiful too! I don't have any castle or other fairytale-like stamps, so I resorted to good old Clipart! I found the castle on my computer clipart, but the Cinderella image came from http://www.disneyclips.com/ . I found the Perfect image of her walking "toward" the castle! I used Pearl Ex in "Interference Gold" all over the front of the Groovy Guava cardstock, and I just love how it turned out!



I decided to post 2 pictures, to give you the full effect of the Pearl Ex. For those of you who haven't used it before, turning the page in different directions will give you different effects! So in one picture, you can see the Groovy Guava color behind a slightly golden "wash", and in the other picture all you see is this brilliant gold - beautiful! I also used some primas in the corner held together with one of SU's new Rhinestone Brads in Fire.

Overall, even though I "cheated" and didn't actually make the images, I think this card turned out pretty well! The party was a success as well; all the kids had a great time, and I think they will all sleep very well tonight! :) I have to say I think my daughter was very happy to have some other little girls her age to play with; most of her friends (with the exception of the birthday girl) are boys! She's a little more rough and tumble as a result of hanging out with the boys, but she loved dressing up with a pretty necklace and bracelet, and donning a princess crown at the party. A girly-girl at heart - I just Know she is! (somewhere in there anyway... ;) )

1 comments:

Tandra said...

Hi Sheri! What a fabulous card!! I love it with the castle inside!!
Thanks for commenting on my blog candy post!! Ill be back here to look!!!