? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Practicing Pick A Petal

I had my New Catalog Party on Saturday, and made a couple of cards from the new set "Pick A Petal"; one for a make n' take, the other just because I really wanted to make another one! :)


This one is the make n' take we did. I CASED it from SCS, from "memoriesbybrenda". Here is her card. Since I don't have any of the new In Colors, I used Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy instead. I really like this card; my favorite color is blue, so it was easy for this card to speak to me. I have to say, the petals took a little practice to get them where I wanted them, but thankfully I got them close enough that most mistakes were covered by the circle in the middle. I loved that I could use these petals directly on the card, and not have to cut them out! Usually when I make a large flower, my first instinct is to cut it out and mount it on dimentionals. What a nice, easy card this was to make!
When I saw this card on SCS by "Kari", I knew I had to make my own version! I also don't own any Kraft cardstock, so I improvised by using Creamy Caramel. Since I didn't have any light blue gingham ribbon, but I do have pink, I opted to make my card with Pretty in Pink accents and paper. I thought about offering this card for a make n' take, but the white craft ink takes a long time to dry (it is the first step in making the flower), and I wanted some cards that were faster to make. I love the sponging around both pieces of Caramel, the little ribbon accent at the top, and the "bling" of the new Fire Circle Rhinestone brad! That was a little harder to use than I had thought; instead of laying nicely like a regular brad, these brads are set higher (it reminds me of a ring setting). Also, as I was deciding which size to use, I unbent the arms intending to try another one. Well, it snapped! So, I thought, instead of using and possibly breaking another of these little beauties, I would make this one work. So, I snipped off the other arm and used Crystal Effects to adhere it flush to the middle of the flower. I also stamped another smaller flower and cut it out, and punched 2 flowers from the Spring Flowers punch, for the middle. This one really Wowed me! :)

1 comments:

Kim said...

Great Card. I plan on breaking out this set very soon. I also wanted to thank you for your encouraging words that you left at my blog. Everyone in blog land is so encouraging. Anyway I tagged you so, I could learn a little about you. You can visit my blog for the rules and thanks again for the kind words,
Kim