? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloween Cards - Do You or Don't You?

Just in time for Halloween, this was the second card made at my last stamp club. One of my ladies asked specifically for a Halloween card, and I was eager to grant her wish! I only own one Halloween stamp set though, so was a little limited. I also wanted to teach them how to do dry embossing, and I think the circles went well with the small stamps. I loved using the dry embossing template "Punches Plus"; it not only allowed for embossing, but also provided a template for circular holes (using the poker from the crafter's tool kit), as well as a good template for sponging (on the outer edges of each circle). I also taught them how to emboss using the Crop-a-dile! What a fun tool that is! Using the crop-a-dile for embossing does take a little practice; if you're not careful you'll have a hole instead of a raised circle!

To finish off the card, I sponged Only Orange onto the little "Eek" and "Happy Halloween" pieces. The "Happy Halloween" is from Everyday Flexible Phrases (the only stamps I had with that sentiment!).

I have to say that I have never given a Halloween card before, nor have I ever received one. As shocking as that might be to some, I know I'm not the only one, as most of my stamp club said the same thing! So, do you give Halloween cards out? I'd love to know if maybe I'm missing out on something here! ;)

3 comments:

My Paper World said...

Great card, I love the cute images!

Rita said...

Cute card! No I have never given or received Halloween cards till I started stamping (this year).

Gina Wrona said...

yes I do, especially this year for all my october birthdays, they all had a halloween theme.