? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, October 15, 2007

When Creativity Comes-A-Knockin'...

Lately I've been learning a lot about myself in the way of creativity, and in the last little while I've noticed I thrive on a deadline (nothing like leaving things till the last minute!), and I also create best late at night. I've been working away tonight on a card I'm doing with my stamp club this Friday, using the Crayon Resist technique. At first I went through Splitcoast (as I'm "sometimes" known to do!) looking for inspiration, or even a card I could C.A.S.E. I did find one I wanted to try, but then an idea struck me and I decided to try it instead. So, here it is, in it's finished format!
I thought of that little penguin, and had no idea in the beginning how the rest of the card would go; I only knew I wanted two little penguins holding "hands". Soft Sky gives a nice "icy" feeling, so I knew I wanted to use that to brayer overtop. So, on glossy cardstock, I stamped the penguins using Basic Black ink. I then used a white crayon to color their faces and tummies, making sure not to miss a spot. Anywhere I got the crayon where I didn't want it, I just lightly scratched it off with my fingernail. Then I brayered the Soft Sky ink overtop, and - voila! - 2 little blue penguins with nice white faces and tummies! I also used our Marvelous Markers to color their bodies, beaks and feet. I stamped some small snowflakes directly on the card in Craft White, and "Happy Holiday" in Basick Black. That's it! :) I thought that using Only Orange on a Christmas card was a little unusual, but I like it.


If you want to learn how to make cards like this (and many others!), ask me about joining my stamp club! :)

0 comments: