? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Monday, June 11, 2007

A Little Silver Saves The Day!

I recieved a few suggestions both here on my blog, and through email, and all were awesome suggestions and would have made really nice cards. In the end, I didn't want to change the whole card if I didn't have to, so I chose only to work on the "mistake" I had made on the first one. So for the correction, I stamped "Congratulations" on white Card stock, THEN cut it down and rounded the corners. After that I cut and rounded an Almost Amethyst piece, and a silver piece. The silver piece I glued right over the whole I had punched through the background, making it so you couldn't see that I had stamped "Congratulations" underneath it (I was worried that when they opened the card they would see it, since it's on white cardstock). Then I glued the white and Amethyst pieces together and mounted them on dimensionals for a little "pop". I also removed the scalloped edged piece and put dimentionals under it as well. There - phew! A lot of agonizing over such a small detail! Now you know why it takes me so long to make 1 little card, and also why I (so many times!) end up casing from SCS.

I'm in the middle of making a "Wow" swap card for Convention, and it is completely my own idea; it's practically killing me! I'm very proud of myself for coming up with it, but I hate how I need to agonize over every little detail. Thank God for my husband being around to bounce ideas off of... even if he really isn't that much help, at least I can voice my problem, and after hearing it out loud I usually can find the answer. I'll post my swap card when it is finished... probably not for a few weeks yet, since I'm waiting for my new punch box to arrive, and then I'm off to Ontario for a week!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how this card turned out. You've done a fantastic job! Thanks for sharing the before and after :)