? ??????????????Beauty Dark? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (72 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 15192 Total Grabs. ??
????Get the Code?? ?? ????4?? ?????Pink Flourish? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.9 (34 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 3167 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1 CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Looking for a Solution

I'm making a card for my brother's wedding next week, and this is what I came up with. I made her wedding invitations, and her color was Amethyst, and we also used the French Script, so I thought it would be nice to do a nod to her invites. This card has been a lot tougher to make than I thought! I messed up the scalloped edge in the left corner (I'm new at using the corner rounder punch for scalloping), and just when I thought I had only one more step left, I stamped "Congratulations" in black StayzOn in the lower right corner, on top of the silver French Script. Well, what happened was the StayzOn lifted some of the silver instead of stamping over top! It looked terrible, so I thought maybe I could make a word window and put the Congratulations underneath the Amethyst! Well, I tried it... And this is the result. I'm not at all happy with it, and am thinking I will re-do it tomorrow. The problem is that the "Congratulations doesn't fit into the Word Window punch, even if you lengthen it. I had to widen it on top and bottom too, which is why it ended up looking lop-sided. Anyway, I wanted to ask what you all thought of it, and what I could do to make it better? If I re-did the background, would black Classic ink stick better than the StayzOn? I don't have any Craft black, which I think would work a lot better. Any other ideas on how to "fix" this card? I'd love to hear your opinion, and will post the re-done one tomorrow or Saturday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a small black matt around the image before the scallop layer to make the image pop. I find it harder with only two colors to make cards.
Deanna
DarsTeam

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...but I'd centre the image and lose the greeting!
Jennifer
stampwithjenn.com

Nancy said...

I had the same idea as Deanna...a black mat under the stamped image would really make it pop. As well, putting an embellishment or a slide on the ribbon might make it stand out more. It's going to be a beautiful card! (I used the same stamp in white emboss on black, then on bashful blue for my friend's bridal shower invites.) Good luck!
Nancy